Hereunder is a detailed model of the balcony glazing system.
1 – Upper steering profile
2 – Lower steering profile
3 – Upper glass panel profile
4 – Lower glass panel profile
5 – 6, 8 and 10 mm tempered glass
6 – Upper ball-bearing wheel
7 – Lower wheel
8 – Lower lock
9 – Children safety lock
10 – Ventilation position holder
11 – Wheel guide
12 – Upper opening-hole clip
13 – Lower opening-hole clip
14 – Opening handle
15 – End cap
16 – Weather strip
17 – End plate
Material and technical information
- The bases of the construction are the upper and lower aluminium steering profiles (height ~5 cm) rigidly fixed to ceiling panel and top of the railing or the parapet of the balcony.
- Aluminium profiles are powder coated according to the RAL catalogue.
- The glass panel is made of 6, 8 or 10 mm thick glass and glass profile.
- Glass panels are attached to the frame profile with four stainless steel rivets and elastic polyurethane glue.
- Glass is tempered with ground edges and type of the glass can be transparent, bronze, smokygrey or silkscreen printed.
- The optimum width of the panels is 500–700 mm.
- The gaps between the glass panels (2–4 mm) can be closed with PVC weather strips.
- The upper profile is equipped with 4 ball-bearing rollers and on the lower profile with 2 sliding rollers.
- Standard locking is a latch (lower lock) and upper children safety lock (a string).
- Every glass is equipped with a handle.
- Fastenings are out of stainless steel (environment class A2 or C3) and other system construction details are made of reinforced and wear resistant plastic.
- Attached to concrete and stone walls with M8 stainless bolts and brass anchors. Attachment to steel and aluminium constructions via self-drilling screws 6,3 x 50 or analog.
- There are several different possibilities for installation. The construction system is suitable for connecting with other similar systems.
For easier installation there can be used two types of installation profiles – U and F shaped.
In the balcony glazing system the glass panes are not surrounded by frames on all four sides. With the aid of that kind of system, the balconies and terraces of any building can be enclosed.
Thermal image of the external facade of an apartment building at Sõpruse pst 255 (Energiasäästubüroo OÜ).